Lite Rock Z95.1 General Contest Rules
SAGA COMMUNICATIONS, INC. GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These are the rules governing all contests aired on Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ radio and on the LiteRockZ951.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ” means Saga Communications of Charlottesville, LLC (dba – The Charlottesville Radio Group), which owns Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ you must not have won anything on Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ awarding the prize to the winner. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ contests are open to all eligible Virginia residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ that will be presented to Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ, Charlottesville Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ studios, 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903, between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ, Saga Communications and The Charlottesville Radio Group, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ, The Charlottesville Radio Group, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (434) 220-2395. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on LiteRockZ951.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ as defined at the exclusive discretion of Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the Lite Rock Z95.1 WQMZ
studios 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903.
***Listeners with a suggestion or grievance regarding any contest should contact the following staff members:
Phone: 434 220 2300 WQMZ
Program Director —————————- LES SINCLAIR
Operations Manager ————————- RICK DANIELS
General Manager —————————- JIM PRINCIPI
Updated April 21, 2011