Duck Dynasty star Jessica Robertson celebrated her 12th anniversary to Jep Robertson by offering fans her tips for a successful marriage. The reality star wrote a blog post on A&E’s website a few tips for a successful marriage:
- Be Loyal to Your Spouse: Be committed to each other, even when it seems like the rest of the world views commitment and loyalty as a thing of the past.
- Forgive Your Spouse: When I struggle with forgiveness, I think of how God forgave me by not holding the past against me. Then I can’t help but forgive. Never be too stubborn to say, “I’m sorry.”
- Respect Your Spouse: Showing respect can make or break your spouse’s confidence. A look, a smirk, a rude comment, even the tone of your voice can speak volumes. Build up your spouse; don’t bring him or her down.
- Cherish Your Spouse: We sometimes forget to nurture the relationships with our spouse the way we do with our children. We get so busy being a mom or dad that we lose sight of this very important need. Go above and beyond to spend as much quality time together as possible. Jep and I try to go on a date a week and it has really helped keep our relationship strong
- Source: http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/jessica-robertson-marriage-tips/