I hate flying – long security lines, waiting to board, crowded flights, lost luggage – you name it! If you are traveling by plane, however, here are 5 things you should never wear on an airplane according to Christopher Elliot of Tribune Media Services:
- Heavy perfume or cologne — These scents may be your olfactory signature, but try to refrain before you board a plane. Perfume and cologne can permeate the interior of an aircraft, overwhelming and even sickening your fellow passengers.
- High heels — Not only are high heels, especially stilettos, uncomfortable and restrictive on long flights, but also they can be a danger should you be forced to evacuate the aircraft using the inflatable emergency slides.
- Shorts — No matter how warm it is in your departure city or your destination, it’s cold on planes–even in the summer. Wear shorts, and you’re sure to regret it.
- Light colors — Dark-colored clothes travel better for several reasons. If you spill something, the stain is less likely to be noticeable. You especially will appreciate this if your luggage is lost or delayed, forcing you to wear your travel clothes for a second day. Also, avoid synthetic fabrics because they can be hot and sticky. Instead, choose clothing made of natural fibers, such as cotton in the summer and wool in the winter.
- Tight-fitting clothes — Pants, tops, dresses or skirts that are too form-fitting may be sexy attire, but they aren’t the best travel attire. Not only are tight-fitting clothes uncomfortable on long flights, but also they can be dangerous by escalating deep vein thrombosis. Choose loose-fitting, non-binding clothes.
So Kim Kardashian boarding a flight with her tight-fitting clothes and stilleto heels is only asking for trouble!