News

Simon Cowell confirms baby news

Simon Cowell confirms baby news

"X Factor" boss Simon Cowell has confirmed reports that he's set to become a first-time father. Photo: Associated Press

“X Factor” boss Simon Cowell has confirmed reports suggesting he is set to become a first-time father, insisting, “I’m proud to be a dad.”

The music mogul hit headlines last month amid allegations 36-year-old New York socialite Lauren Silverman is pregnant with his baby, and after weeks of speculation Cowell finally broke his silence about the rumours at the premiere of One Direction’s movie “1D: This Is Us” in London on Tuesday.

With a huge grin on his face, Cowell told the BBC, “Things are changing in my life right now, for the better. I’m proud to be a dad. It’s something I hadn’t thought of before, but now I know I feel good about it. She’s (Silverman) a very special girl.”

When pressed to divulge whether the tot is a boy or girl, he added, “Can’t say.”

Last week Cowell learned he will not be taken to court over Silverman’s divorce from her husband of 10 years, Andrew.

The real estate developer had filed for divorce in early July, citing adultery for the split and naming Cowell as a co-respondent, but the matter was settled out of court.

Latest Stories

in Music

Chris Brown committed to finishing community service

Fresh
chrisbrown

The singer has turned his community service into a full-time job for the next six weeks.

in Entertainment, Weird

New Jersey Christmas tree controlled by tweets

treetweet

Twitter users anywhere in the world can control the lights on this holiday display.

in Entertainment

Leaked Sony emails reveal Idris Elba in line for ‘Bond’

idriselba

A leaked Sony email named British actor Idris Elba as the frontrunner to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond.

in Entertainment

Sarah Jessica Parker eyes return to small screen

sarahjessicaparker

The "Sex and the City" star could be heading back to HBO.

in Entertainment, National

Obama: Sony hack not an act of war

interview

President Barack Obama says the massive hacking was not an act of war but instead was cyber-vandalism.